TOP 5 BENEFITS OF TWINWALL POLYCARBONATE ROOFING
Polycarbonate is a versatile roofing material and is available in several forms – as smooth, solid panel sheets and twinwall or multiwall panel sheets.
The twinwall polycarbonate sheeting is unique for its cellular structure design and fluted appearance.
Twinwall polycarbonate sheet construction comprises of a series of vertical dividing sheets sandwiched between a double or twin layer of polycarbonate sheeting.
This twin layer is what gives this particular polycarbonate its strength but also its superior insulation.
Polycarbonate twinwall sheet is the perfect material for both domestic and commercial structures offering many benefits that other materials don’t.
Here are the top 5 main benefits of twinwall polycarbonate roofing:
1. Excellent structural durability – very strong and long lasting.
2. Superior thermal insulation – doesn’t get too hot in warm climates and not too cold in cooler climates.
3. High light transmission – lets lots of natural light in.
4. Double sided UV coating – provides 99.9% protection from harmful UV rays.
5. Weather and Impact resistant – won’t fade, discolour, crack or break in extreme climatic conditions or under forceful contact.
Polycarbonate is also lightweight, which makes it easy to handle and cut if necessary.
It’s available in a range of tints and colours that allows you to not only customise and enhance the visual design of your structure but also allows you to control the light and shade levels.
Twinwall polycarbonate roofing is easy to maintain, wash with a little soap and warm water once a year to keep it clean and looking good as new for many years.